OTHER THAN AN OFFICIAL ENTRY TICKET, NO FURTHER PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THE RAFFLE IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING AND PERFORMANCE IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
- SPONSOR. The JDRF Raffle (the “Raffle”) is sponsored, organized, operated, and conducted by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, a non-profit and tax-exempt I.R.C. Section 501(c)(3) entity located at 24359 Northwestern Highway, #125, Southfield, Michigan 48075 (the “Sponsor”). Beck Suppliers, Inc. an Ohio corporation d/b/a Friendship Stores (“Friendship”) is volunteering to assist the Sponsor by permitting the advertisement and sale of tickets for the Raffle at the Friendship store locations in Ohio and telecasting all draws for the Raffle on Friendship’s Facebook page @friendshipstores, and American Legion Post #83 (“ALP 83”) is volunteering to assist the Sponsor by permitting the advertisement and sale of tickets for the Raffle at its location at 3615 Hayes Avenue, Sandusky, Ohio.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Raffle is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who: (a) are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry; (b) purchase and complete in full an official entry ticket; and (c) submit such entry ticket in the specifically marked entry receptacle located at a Friendship store (each such person is hereby referred to as a “Participant”). The following persons are not eligible as a Participant or for the Raffle: (y) any employee or agent of Sponsor, Friendship, ALP 83, or any affiliated company of Sponsor, Friendship, or ALP 83; and (z) the "immediate family members" and/or "household members" of any of the persons set forth in (y) above. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. Participation in the Raffle constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these terms and conditions and to the Sponsor’s decisions. The Sponsor’s decisions regarding all matters relating to the Raffle are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. From all eligible entries submitted and received, the winners will be determined based on random drawings conducted by the Sponsor on September 9, 2020 and September 12, 2020. The random drawings on September 9, 2020 shall select and determine the three (3) Participant finalists for the Raffle, and the random drawing on September 12, 2020 shall select and determine the winners of the First Prize, Second Prize, and Third Prize to be awarded amongst the three (3) Participant finalists. The Raffle is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
- ENTRY. To enter the Raffle, a Participant must purchase and complete an official entry ticket and submit such entry ticket in the specifically marked entry receptacle located at a Friendship store or the ALP 83 location. The official entry tickets for the Raffle will be available at Friendship stores located throughout Ohio and the ALP location. Once submitted, official entry tickets become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- NUMBER OF ENTRIES; NO LIMIT. There shall be no more than five thousand (5,000) official entry tickets to the Raffle sold. A Participant may purchase and submit as many official entry tickets for the Raffle as he or she desires.
- TIMING. The official entry tickets for the Raffle shall be sold from August 1, 2020 through September 7, 2020 during Friendship store operating hours (which may vary from location to location) or ALP 83 operating hours, as applicable.
- ENTRY FEE. Each official entry ticket for the Raffle shall be purchased for Ten and 00/100 Dollars ($10.00). Only official entry tickets purchased and properly completed and submitted at a Friendship store location or ALP 83’s location in accordance with these terms and conditions will be accepted. No other forms of entry (e.g., fax, mail, email, phone, or other) will be accepted. Entry tickets, materials, or data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- PRIZES. There shall be three (3) prizes awarded pursuant to the Raffle. The aggregate value of all three (3) prizes is Thirteen Thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($13,000.00). Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible official entry tickets submitted and received. The three (3) prizes will be as follows:
♦ First Prize (1) - The eligible Participant who’s official entry ticket is randomly drawn on September 9, 2020 as one (1) of the three (3) finalist tickets from all of the official entry tickets entered and received and then randomly drawn as the third of the finalist tickets on September 12, 2020 shall win Ten Thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($10,000.00).
♦ Second Prize (1) - The eligible Participant who’s official entry ticket is randomly drawn on September 9, 2020 as one (1) of the three (3) finalist tickets from all of the official entry tickets entered and received and then randomly drawn as the second of the finalist tickets on September 12, 2020 shall win Two Thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($2,000.00).
♦ Third Prize (1) - The eligible Participant who’s official entry ticket is randomly drawn on September 9, 2020 as one (1) of the three (3) finalist tickets from all of the official entry tickets entered and received and then randomly drawn as the first of the finalist tickets on September 12, 2020 shall win One Thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($1,000.00).
No Participant may be eligible to or win more than one (1) prize.
- RANDOM DRAWING. A random drawing shall be conducted by the Sponsor on September 9, 2020 from all of the eligible official entry tickets submitted and received for the Raffle to select three (3) official entry tickets and determine the three (3) Participant finalists for the Raffle. Thereafter, a random drawing shall be conducted by the Sponsor on September 12, 2020 from the three (3) official entry ticket finalists to select and determine the winners of the First Prize, Second Prize, and Third Prize in accordance with Section 7 hereof. The Raffle is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Winners will be notified by telephone or mail and, as a condition of receiving a prize, may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of the date stated on the prize notice or an alternative winner will be selected in an alternative random drawing. If any prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be awarded to an alternate winner determined in an alternative random drawing. Prize winners should allow up to 3-4 weeks after they return their signed, notarized affidavit or eligibility and/or release of liability to receive their prize. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. A Participant’s acceptance of a prize shall constitute his or her permission to use his or her name, hometown, and likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity without additional compensation. For a listing of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after September 12, 2020 to JDRF, 24359 Northwestern Highway, #125, Southfield, Michigan 48075.
- SUBSTITUION; TAXES; TAX NOTICES, WITHHOLDINGS, AND REPORTINGS. No prize substitution, redemption, assignment, or transfer is permitted. EACH PRIZE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH HIS OR HER RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. Further, each prize winner agrees to and shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Friendship, and ALP 83 from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, losses, charges, assessments, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) resulting from or arising out of the payment of any taxes or assessments as a result of the payment of a prize to such Participant.
Each prize winner shall furnish to the Sponsor a statement on IRS form 5754 made under penalties of perjury providing his or her identity (i.e., name, address, and Social Security number). The Sponsor shall keep IRS Form 5754 for four (4) years and make it available for IRS inspection. Further, the Sponsor shall issue IRS Form W-2G to each prize winner with winnings at or in excess of the reportable amount by January 31, 2021 and file IRS Form W-2G with the IRS by February 28, 2021. For any prize winner of a sum in excess of Five Thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($5,000.00), the Sponsor shall deduct and withhold from such winnings an amount required by applicable federal law (approximately 24%), report this amount to the IRS on IRS Form W-2G, and submit this amount to the IRS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Neither the Sponsor, Friendship, nor ALP 83 is responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entry tickets, which will be disqualified. Neither of the Sponsor, Friendship, nor ALP 83 make any representation, warranty, or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Raffle or the prizes, and none are responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, printing errors, or any of the equipment, hardware, software, or programming associated or used with the Raffle; (b) technical errors, defects, delays, or failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in any communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware, software, servers, network, telephone, satellite, computer, or other connection; (c) garbled, misdirected, or jumbled transmissions or traffic congestion; (d) errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, or electronic; (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information; (f) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (d) unauthorized human intervention (e.g., hacking); or (g) any injury or damage which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a Participant’s participation in the Raffle or receipt or use of a prize.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Each Participant’s participation in the Raffle constitutes his or her full and unconditional agreement to be governed and controlled by these terms and conditions and the Sponsor’s decisions hereunder. The decisions of the Sponsor in regard to all matters of the Raffle are final and binding. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Raffle and to disqualify any Participant who violates these terms and conditions or acts in a disruptive, unethical, or unprofessional manner. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Raffle if, in its sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, integrity, fairness, or intent of the Raffle, including without limitation, unauthorized human intervention or fraud
- RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating in the Raffle or receiving a prize hereunder, each Participant agrees to release and to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Friendship, and APL 83 and their respective shareholders, directors, members, managers, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any loss, liability, injury, or damage to such Participant caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in the Raffle (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any Raffle prize.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each Participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Raffle or any prize awarded hereunder shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the State of Ohio; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (d) each Participant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Ohio law, without reference to Ohio’s choice of law rules, shall govern and control the Raffle and all aspects related thereto.
- POTENTIAL WINNERS. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY THE SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. THE SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT'S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY TICKET HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
- PRIVACY. All personally identifiable information that is submitted by Participants as part of this Raffle will be used to administer the Raffle, select prize winners, fulfill prizes, and meet the Sponsor’s legal notice and reporting requirements, and will otherwise be treated as private.
- COPYRIGHT. The Raffle and all accompanying materials relating thereto, including, without limitation, these terms and conditions, are copyright (c) 2020 JDRF.